yukiko's happy life

Monday, August 14, 2006

Second Weekend

Last weekend, I took boat two times.
In Japan, I can’t take boat, because my hometown isn’t near either rivers and sea.
So I feel fresh. I think the view from boat is different from Japan, but very beautiful.

On Sunday, I visited George Washington’s house. Though I thought his house is large for me, may be most of beds in his house is too small.
I found my favorite place in Washington’s house. It is a yard. The yard is in front of the house and the yard is large. The yard ids very beautiful but it is beyond description. Anyway, the view of river, woods and sky from the yard is very beautiful.

On my way to and from, Tim taught me a lot of American jokes. When Tim taught me jokes, he laughed many times. First, I could not understand at all. Especially, I couldn’t understand the joke about fat mother, candy and rainbow. But I could understand, finally, only ‘knock knock jokes’.
I want to know the joke about fat mother, candy and rainbow also, so may be I will try to ask Tim again.
v(o'u'o)V

2 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Ji Won said…

    I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the cruise! Jokes about fat mothers are definitely interesting. Keep practicing English and keep improving!

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said…

    I don't know any jokes about fat mothers, candy, and rainbows!

    Here's a Japanese knock-knock joke:

    Knock-knock.
    Who's there?
    Aikido.
    Aikido who?
    Aikido you not. (=I kid you not; I am not kidding/joking.)

    And how about:
    Knock-knock.
    Who's there?
    Alex.
    Alex who?
    Alex plain later. (=I'll explain later.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home